Terms & Conditions Ravensburger
“Advent Calendar 2016”
1. The sponsor of this promotion is Ravensburger AG, Robert-Bosch-Str. 1, 88214 Ravensburg, Germany, hereinafter “Ravensburger”.
2. The Advent Calendar Campaign begins on Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 12:01 AM Central European Time (“CET”) and ends on Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 12:59 PM CET.
3. To participate in the contest, click on the “Advent Calendar” tab on the official Ravensburger Global Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ravensburgerglobal. Every day during the contest period there will be a new door with new prizes. Click on the door to access registration for the contest. Complete the entry form by filling in your information (first and last name, full mailing address and a valid e-mail address) and check the box to accept the terms and conditions. You are responsible for providing accurate information. We will use your information in case you win to contact you and ship the prize to your address.
Only complete submissions will be considered.
Enter the contest each day between 12:01 AM CET and 11:59 PM CET. You may enter once a day.
4. Each day there will be a new Ravensburger product* in the advent calendar, which will be raffled off amongst all contest participants that day. The exact number of daily prizes will be stated when you open the calendar door.
Ravensburger will ship the prize packages to the winners at no cost to the winners. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be converted to cash. The winners are responsible to pay taxes on the prizes (where applicable).
* Ravensburger, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, in particular if any prize cannot be awarded as described, e.g. due to unavailability.
5. Ravensburger will draw winners at random from the pool of entrants who successfully submitted the completed entry form. Winners will be contacted on the work day following the day on which the entry form for that particular prize was submitted. Eligible winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address provided by the participant in the entry form. If the winner does not reply to our e-mail within four weeks after sending the notification, he/she forfeits the prize and we will draw a new winner at random. The winner also forfeits the prize if, for reasons related to the individual winner, the prize cannot be shipped to the winner within six months after the notification.
6. The contest is open to participants, who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Ravensburger and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win.
You may not participate through a third party, such as contest agencies or bots. No purchase necessary to participate and participation is free.
7. By participating in this contest, participants transfer to Ravensburger, free of charge, the right to use, distribute or publish the contents published in the context of this contest for the drawing of winners and the processing and presentation of those contents in online and offline media, in particular in posts and cover pictures on Facebook or in the context of newsletters. Ravensburger reserves the right to edit the content for these purposes. This grant of rights is unlimited in terms of time, space and content. The entire Ravensburger Group is entitled to exercise the rights granted.
By posting a comment, each participant declares that any content published – in particular uploaded photos and videos – do not violate the rights of a third party. In particular, participants declare that they have obtained the necessary approvals if the content was not produced by the participant himself/herself and/or persons other than the participant are pictured. In this context, participants release Ravensburger of any third party claims, if the participant is responsible for the infringement. Participants agree to support Ravensburger in a reasonable way in the defense of these claims.
8. Ravensburger is only liable for damages that were caused by Ravensburger or any agent of Ravensburger with intent or gross negligence or through the breach of a fundamental contractual obligation. This disclaimer applies in particular to damage caused by errors, delays or interruptions in the transmission of data, problems with technical equipment or services, incorrect content, loss or deletion of data, viruses. The above limitations of liability shall not apply to product liability claims and/or damage caused by the injury of life, body and/or health.
Ravensburger reserves the right to suspend or end the contest at any time for good cause, in particular if the scheduled course of the contest is being impaired or hindered. In this case, participants will not be able to incur any claims.
9. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. The recipient of any information provided is not Facebook, but Ravensburger. Any information provided will only be used by Ravensburger and will not be passed on to any third parties.
10. Please direct any questions, comments, or complaints to Ravensburger at email@example.com, not to Facebook or any other third parties.
11. Any recourse in courts of law is excluded. The applicable law is the law of the Federal Republic of Germany unless mandatory laws, e.g. international or European consumer protection laws, require otherwise.
Ravensburger takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. We want you to know which information we store, when we store it and what we do with it. In this document we explain to you how we guarantee the protection of your personal information.
How your personal information is collected, processed and used:
Ravensburger collects your personal information when you make use of certain offers and services on our Facebook Global page and when you participate in contests. Our social media agency conceptbakery GmbH & Co. KG, Lindenstr. 82, 50674 Köln, Germany, stores your personal data, transfers it to us, and deletes it afterwards.
Ravensburger collects your information for the following purposes:
To inform you about special offers and new products – with your consent,
To send you our newsletter on a regular basis – subject to your separate consent,
To gear the information we provide about services and products to your specific interests – with your consent,
To contact you when you participate in a contest and win, as well as to ship your prize to you.
Our employees are conversant with the regulations set down in the German Data Protection Act (BDSG) and are obligated to adhere strictly to the terms of this privacy statement. When we hire external contractors to provide offers or services, these providers are legally bound to adhere to the applicable regulations (inter alia the German Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the German Telemedia Act (TMG)) and are contractually bound to the terms of this data protection policy.
By subscribing to one or more newsletters on various topics, your e-mail address and any additional information you volunteer (such as name, address, date of birth) will be used, with your consent, for advertising purposes, for example print advertising or e-mails containing general information or advertisements (mailings) .
Your consent to receive the newsletter is revocable at any time. In each newsletter you will find to a link where you can revoke your consent. You can also send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. With the withdrawal of your consent all data stored in connection with the subscription to the newsletter will be deleted.
Release of information to a third party
Ravensburger will release your personal data to a third party only on the following conditions:
When you have given your consent for this information to be released or
When this information has to be released in order to complete any transaction relating to offers and services which you wish to obtain.
When an enforcement order has been issued either by a court or another authority or, If an enforcement order is unnecessary, when legally permissible measures are taken to prevent any misapplication of our offers and services, in particular, any application which violates the Ravensburger terms and conditions.
Storage of information
Personal information that you have given us will only be stored until the purpose, for which they were entrusted to us, is fulfilled. If trading or tax retention periods have to be observed, the storage time for certain data can be up to 10 years.
If you no longer agree with the storage of your personal information or your personal information has become incorrect, we will, following your instructions, delete, block or correct your information (so far as this is possible according to applicable law).
Upon request, you will receive information at no cost about all personal information that we store about you (right of access).
Ravensburger attempts at all times to prevent your personal information from being lost, misapplied, accessed illegally, disclosed, changed or deleted. To guarantee confidentiality and security, your personal information is protected by a password.
Ravensburger reserves the right to change the content of this privacy statement at a future time. If Ravensburger were to use your personal information in any way other than in the way specified at the time of data collection in the privacy statement, we will try to inform you via e-mail using the most recent information you have provided us with. If you have not given us permission to contact you, we will neither notify you nor use your personal information in any way other than in the way agreed on. In any event, a related news item in the form of a highlighted announcement will appear on the Ravensburger website.
Questions and suggestions
Ravensburger pledges to cooperate with users in order to find quick and equitable solutions to any problems arising from complaints or differences of opinion concerning matters of data protection. If you wish to submit a complaint, criticism or suggestion or ask a question, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Ravensburger will be pleased to respond to your questions and suggestions.
Data security administrator, Ravensburger AG
If you have a question concerning the collection, processing or use of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at (firstname.lastname@example.org).